Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year - Helllooooo 2009!!

Hello Friends and Supporters,
     This is my first blogpost ever in life but here I go.  First of all, Happy New Year!  I think my number one resolution for the new year is to succeed in this marathon.  I was the lone ranger who met up with the Team-in-Training crew at the mall today.  Coach Charlie, Captain Scott, and others missed the "Group of 8 (that's really 7)" but I assured them everyone would be back next week.  Brian and Lena are in sunny Florida, Brandon is skiing in Montana/ Wyoming/ somewhere around there, Chris is in frigid Boston, and Jessie is down in Atlanta.  That left me and Ashwin in DC but Ashwin decided to run in the afternoon today.  So, I recruited my friend Erin to run with me this morning and it was actually my favorite run thus far.   Here's a quick pic of a Erin who is a great example of one of our many friends who are supporting us wholeheartedly.



The weather was a little chilly but perfect to run in, the city was sunny and beautiful, and running along the mall passing  the museums, monuments, reflection pool - it is truly breathtaking.  As a pretty longtime DC resident, you take the city for granted today but running today without tourists and school groups everywhere made it really enjoyable.  



Erin was also an awesome friend by proposing brilliantly to play the geography game while running.  I was impressed at how many places we named that began with the letter 'A.'  

I'm looking forward in having everyone back from holiday and upping the miles starting next week.  Thank you everyone for the support so far! xx.

No comments: