Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Brief Introduction - Jessie



Five things about Jessie Walsh:

On joining Team in Training: I've always wanted to run a marathon, and running with TNT to support LLS seemed like a great excuse to do so. It's pretty nice to be able to accomplish one of my goals while raising money for a great cause.

On training habits: I train all times of the day, but long runs (with and without the team) are definitely going to be in the morning. Have to get used to waking up early and running! I'm going to try to run without listening to music when I train because we can't have headphones on during the marathon, but ordinarily I have my Ipod playing quite a weird mix of artists (Ben Folds, Girl Talk, Gavin Degraw, Gnarls Barkley, Hellogoodbye, John Mayer, Rihanna, Talib Kweli, and Gomez to name a few). My only requirement is that it's got to be fast... slow songs are a major downer.

On running experience: I've run two half marathons but didn't really train that much for them. I'd like to think that I'm fit, but running this marathon is definitely going to be a challenge. I don't like losing and I don't like quitting.

On goals: Run as much of it as possible and not destroy my knees in the process. An 8 min/mile pace would be nice, so I guess that would put me at about 3.5 hours? Not sure what the chances of that are, so i'll say under 4 hours.

On challenges: Fundraising, but if you mean the physical act of training, then I'd say not having my knee quit working. It doesn't seem to like me, but I'd say it has good reason.

Jessie will also need to work on practicing safe driving habits and learning that snowmen are typically composed of 3 distinct body parts.

No comments: