Friday, December 19, 2008

A Brief Introduction - Brandon



Five things about Brandon Lee:

- On joining Team in Training: I joined TNT after my friends from high school couldn't stop talking about the program. In the back of my mind I've always wanted to run a marathon but never thought I'd convince myself to train on my own. TNT was the perfect solution for motivation and taking part in a good cause.

- On training habits: I train after work during the week, and on the weekends with TNT. I'll throw on the ipod if I'm on the treadmill but if I'm outside I usually won't listen to music. With the ipod, I usually bump some rap (biggie, bone thungs, tupac) or other random stuff (beach boys, green day, 80s party hits, etc).

- On running experience: I used to run indoor track in high school and my main event was the 600M (best time = 1:24.4). Any time I had good race in an event over 400M, I would throw up after the race (not on purpose). After one, I threw up lots of little red chunks and my coach was wondering what the hell it was. It was Twizzlers that I had eaten before the race. He looked at me like I was an idiot.

- On goals: I'd like to finish in under 4 hours, but it may be tough if the course is really hilly. Plus, I dont think I've ever gone for a run longer than 5 miles.

- On not surviving: My last meal would be the General Tso's combo (comes with pork fried rice and an egg roll) at Chopstix, located on Garth Rd. in Scarsdale, NY. I think they should rename it the General Lee's combo.

Brandon's biggest challenges will be avoiding Twizzlers and keeping his afro trimmed to avoid excess wind resistance.

No comments: