Monday, February 16, 2009

It's a Switch-up!

Hi Everyone,

    I have an update for everyone.  I was having trouble recommitting to the Nashville Country Music Marathon.  For those who do not know,  I work full-time, do an additional internship, and am enrolled in a masters program.  This is my 7th straight semester of grad school and my goal is to finish this spring!  Unfortunately, the Country Music Marathon is right around finals time and until then, I could not find myself committing to hardcore fundraising every weekend.  Actually, as I'm writing this blog I'm sitting at my school library working on a paper and another assignment.  The stress was increasing this past week and as you can imagine, I found myself devastated when I could not make myself sign the recommitment forms.

   BUT - after talking to one of the TNT staffers - Caitlin Brown, who is awesome - I decided to just switch marathons!  I will now participate in the SunTrust National Marathon right here in Washington, D.C.   I will still proudly wear the purple singlet and continue training with my team as a member of Team-in-Training.  This marathon required a qualifying time which I did nervously on Saturday(!) at the George Washington Birthday Classic 10-K in Alexandria, VA.  The fundraising goal is not as demanding although this DOES cut my training a month short but I am more than determined to do this.  The course looks awesome as it goes through almost all the familiar haunts of DC that I know so well (including right past my apartment!).  It starts from RFK (where I've watched so many soccer games), through the mall (where I practically live in some of the museums), Foggy Bottom (GDubsssss), up my neighborhood and so on.  I am actively recruiting friends to come watch or run parts of it with me (please let me know if you even just want to run a mile with me).  I am still going to try and get ahead with finals so I can drive down with some friends to watch the Nashville marathoners.  

Anyways, that's my big update.  Please wish me luck with my training and the rest of my fundraising.  Also, remember March 21 - come outside and cheers The Team on!!

No comments: