Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Almost...the End!

4 days till the Country Music Marathon!!

I'm so excited for Brian, Lena, Chris, Ashwin, and Brandon to finish their race.  Jessie and I completed ours about a month ago and it was awesome (after 3 days of recovery).  I had an amazing entourage of friends who ran with me (Brian, Lena, Ashwin, Dan, and Erin) and even more who met me at the finish line.  I was joking around, laughing till about mile 19-20 and then just quietly thought about the reasons why I was doing this, my training, the mission, my supporters, and how much it would suck to tell everyone I stopped at mile 24.  

Jessie did AMAZING and qualified for BOSTON and already signed up for Marine Corps!  I somehow got pressured into signing up for Marine Corps even though I swore for almost a month I would never sign up for another.  Nuts, right??

Anyways - this message is for all my Nashvillers - you guys are going to AWESOME.  I know how nervous some of you guys are (remember I couldn't even read any emails related to the race for a whole week and did not sleep well for 2 weeks) but you guys have been kicking serious ass training and raising money while still being the great friends that you are.  I feel like the big sister and am sooo proud of you guys.  I will be there this weekend screaming my head off with inappropriate and appropriate exclamations simultaneously and get you all properly drunk afterwards.  

Remember to use the bathroom at least TWICE before the race that day and don't listen to anyone at miles 20-26 that you're almost there.  That's a lie.  The last 0.2 miles will be the toughest yet easiest/most rewarding 0.2 miles of your life.  

To all the supporters: THANK YOU SO MUCH.  Sorry I haven't posted photos or videos on the blog lately but they're actually all up on flickr and youtube.  Here are the links again.  Please visit - I took plenty of videos during the Nashvillers' 20 mile run.  




And you all know we'll be celebrating our brains out after. Hope to see you all while joining us in the fun =))

No comments: